South Coast Wonders
- Duration : 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Surry Hills, NSW
- Product code : SOUTHCW
Our day starts at 8:00 AM
Meeting Point: The Cambridge Hotel, 212 Riley Street, Surry Hills
After a quick stop to pick up our freshly baked morning pastries, we head south through the sprawling Sydney Metropolitan suburban areas, where your guide will explain a little about the history of the areas we are visiting today.
We stop off at Stanwell Tops to view the stunning cliff-top drop into the Southern Pacific Ocean below. You will be amazed as people launch themselves off the edge, attached to hang gliders and para gliders, gently floating over the undulating rainforest down to the sandy beach.
After viewing or joining in the hang gliding or paragliding fun, (Please advise us in advance, and note prices are not included and all options are subject to availability on the day), we head down the mountain and continue via the Grand Pacific Drive, a glorious drive which hugs the ocean, the beaches and the mountainside, over the famous Sea Cliff Bridge, through Wollongong to Kiama.
It’s here in this buzzing seaside hamlet, that features one of Australia’s most iconic natural wonders, the Kiama Blowhole. This famous Geyser of seawater which jets out of this ancient volcanic lava flow can rise up to 30 metres, depending on the tides!
After time to explore the area, we head to our favourite lunch stop, the quaint historical village in settled hundreds of years ago of Berry.
Lunch is a casual, laid back and relaxed environment, with your choice from the menu of award winning cuisine, with your choice of drink included.
After lunch, we head west into Kangaroo Valley. This famous, rainforest valley, has an abundance of wildlife including wallabies, kangaroos, wombats, echidnas, and lyrebirds. Green and lush for most of the year, the valley has areas of rainforest and rich escarpments as backdrops of incredible beauty.
Our final stop for the day is the remarkable Fitzroy Falls, a hidden and understated gem, situated on the edge of the mountain. Featuring a lookout with expansive views of one of Australia’s most stunning and surprising waterfalls, this location is known primarily to locals only. Keep your eyes peeled, we will walk right past a protected area for Platypus – uniquely Australian!
This concludes our showcase of the truly wonderful South Coast, as we head back to Sydney with an estimated arrival time or approximately 6:00PM.
Price: $298.00 per person.
- Fully commentated tour
- All transfers to, from and between attractions
- Full Australian style lunch with single beverage of choice included (dietary requirements: please advise at time of booking)
- Bottled water
- Limited morning tea snacks
- National Park Fees
- Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) currently 10%
- Please note that Hang-Gliding and Paragliding is not included. As an optional extra, and payment will be required at the time, directly to the operator at time of flight. Please advise in advance of your preference, and also your approximate weight, so it can be pre-arranged. Further to this, please note that this event can be cancelled right up until take off, due to weather and other circumstances, beyond our control.
Does not include
- Supplemental items such as, but not limited to; Gratuities to guides and drivers, snacks and drinks other than listed above, souvenirs, personal travel insurance or transfers other than those listed above.
- Hang-gliding. This is to be paid locally if available, and if weather and other circumstances permits.
Really Important Small Print
Sometimes things outside of our control happen, like traffic, weather and kangaroos! We reserve the right to change, alter, cancel and reschedule stops and visits at our discretion with little or no warning, notice or clarification for any reason we deem necessary… although it’s always done with class!